What we do
- Promote positive attitudes towards those with Down syndrome in maternity units, healthcare, social care, education and employment system, the media and wider society.
- Raise the profile of issues affecting people with Down syndrome, their families and carers.
- Engage with government with a view to encouraging policy changes to benefit people with Down syndrome and to improve support for people with Down syndrome in health, education, employment, housing and within the wider community.
- Seek funding for research to improve morbidity and mortality across the lifespan of people with Down syndrome.
- Work with government and health practitioners to achieve a pathway to support expectant women where baby has a confirmed diagnosis or high chance of being born with Down syndrome.
- Act as Secretary to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Down syndrome (APPG-DS) and provide administrative, financial and research support to the undertakings of that group
National Down Syndrome Policy Group Follow 277 408
The NDSPG supports people with DS to have a say in the formation of policy in matters that impact their lives. We provide the secretariat for @APPGDS
Healthcare & research
News and events
We are very excited about the forthcoming launch of the Down Syndrome All Party Parliamentary Group on 12th May 2021. Let the journey begin…