Breaking news! Launch of the Down Syndrome Bill. Hear from some of our trustees
What we do
- Promote positive attitudes towards those with Down syndrome in maternity units, healthcare, social care, education and employment system, the media and wider society.
- Nationally raise the profile of issues affecting people with Down syndrome, their families and carers.
- Engage with government with a view to encouraging policy changes to benefit people with Down syndrome and to improve support for people with Down syndrome in health, education, employment, housing and within the wider community.
- Seek funding for research to improve morbidity and mortality across the lifespan of people with Down syndrome.
- Work with government and health practitioners to achieve a pathway to support expectant women where baby has a confirmed diagnosis or high chance of being born with Down syndrome.
- Act as Secretary to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Down Syndrome (APPG-DS) and provide administrative, financial and research support to the undertakings of that group
News and events
We are very excited about the forthcoming launch of the Down Syndrome All Party Parliamentary Group on 12th May 2021. Let the journey begin…